Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Days two and three!!

Hi friends! Sorry I didn't post yesterday but it was very late when we got back and we had to figure out what was going on with our bags so I didn't have a chance but I will post some pictures of our trip. We met the kids yesterday for the first time and it was AMAZING!! These kids are so awesome! I love them so much! Below is a picture we took today of the kids waving and saying "Hello America!! Hello Alabama!!" We also had the kids saying "ROLL TIDE" and "WAR EAGLE"!!! I tried to discourage the War Eagle but we had to give both teams fair representation. Al got the ROLL TIDE on video though!! :D

DSC_0691

This sweet little boy met us today when we got there. He is not a sponsored child and as far as I can tell does not go to school. He was just a village kid and was so sweet I had to take his picture.

DSC_0350

This is welcome we got yesterday! The little boy in the middle is Sara Wilson's sponsored child Kizito. He was playing the part of a mighty warrior!!

DSC_0475

Here is Sara and Kizito!!

DSC_0506

Webber is showing her little guy Samuel how to take pictures. The kids LOVED to take pictures with our cameras.

DSC_0507

Janet and Claude, Claude is a little charmer. Just look at that face!

DSC_0511

Mrs. Debbie Murray taught all the kids (and me!) how to blow Jesus "fat sugars!" those are big kisses. We have this on video!

DSC_0545

Dan (our Compassion man and now part of the family) was wearing my sunglasses to shield his eyes from the sun and he got a big hug from Julienne!!

DSC_0692

Al got a big laugh out of me for trying to take pictures with my lens cap on. After it was off I snapped this shot!

DSC_0707

Our lunch which was very good!

DSC_0708

This little boy was enjoying his lunch. We served them today rice, greens and beans. It smelled wonderful!

DSC_0614

Sorry for the flood of photos but I think that's what you really want to see most! Hope you enjoy them!

Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment