Thursday, October 13, 2011

soapy pup

When my little cousin Ashlin was a little baby, maybe 2, she would call Sophie, soapy. It made us laugh. I got reminded of it tonight because I was giving Sophie a bath! I'm gonna show you guys how this usually goes.

Sophie doesn't mind getting a bath. I just go in the bathroom and tell her to "come on! it's time for a bath." She comes in there and lets me take off her collar and then she gets up in my lap so that I can brush her out before I stick her in the tub.

The first thing she always does is drink the water. I guess the warm bath water tastes better than the water in her bowl?
photo(37)

Then she gets soaped up with puppy shampoo. I use the puppy kind still because it is supposed to be gentle and isn't supposed to burn her eyes. It smells like lavender.
photo(38)

Then I have to scrub her face good and rinse her off. I like the fact that the cup I use to rinse her off is the same cup I've always used for giving my dogs a bath..it's a batman cup that came from McDonalds. It's from the Batman Returns movie that came out in 1992. So, this cup is nearly 20 years old! It is important to getting a dog clean! And, I love Batman's steely blue eyes.

photo(42)

Here is Sophie giving me the "is it over yet?" look

photo(39)

Next is blow drying..which Sophie actually likes. She comes into the bathroom during the winter and wants me to just blow dry her for fun. But, think about it. Who wouldn't want to be all warm and have someone rub your back? Because I always give her a backrub while I'm drying her.

photo(40)

when the drying is done, Sophie always kinda demands her collar back. She wants it back on!

photo(36)

Then she wants to crash and take a nap because she's all relaxed.

photo(41)

On a side note, notice the houndstooth and red flower pillow on my couch! Made by my mom.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this Sophie story!

love,
KBT

1 comment: