Thursday, August 11, 2011

Art in the atrium

 My church has art classes in our atrium from time to time. Tonight was my first time to go and we made Ink block paintings. Here are mine:

I think the blue is my favorite but i like them all. This was very interesting and i think I will do some more ink block art in the future. We traced stencils onto Styrofoam then i added some flair to mine with the swirl and details on the inside of the cross. Then we put on the ink and then placed it on paper like a stamper. This is how printing presses work (kinda). Anyways, it was a lot of fun! Sorry my post is scattered but I'm very tired!

Here's a picture of the action...

The lady in the black shirt above was our teacher Ms. Mona Ivey. She teaches art at West Point High School. In the blue shirt is Rev. John Richter. This was in our beautiful new atrium at St. John's. LOVE IT!

Goodnight friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment