Thursday, July 15, 2010

oh sad day.....

So friends, I'm feeling a bit blue day. I'm on the verge of making a devastating decision that I'm not really sure I can commit to. Those who know me well know that I am dedicated fan of Diet Mt. Dew. It's a serious addiction. I've been thinking about getting healthier these days (since obviously I will be having kids later in life!) So, I know that the massive amounts of caffeine that I enjoy on a daily basis cannot be good for my body. But, the idea of severing ties with my neon green friend makes me gloomy. Diet Mt. Dew has been there for me during the awkward teen years. It traveled with me to the land of Crimson and White and was there by my side while studying for the CPA exam. It was always there to pick me up when the stresses of busy season brought me to the verge of tears (and sometimes over the edge head first into the tears! sorry friends who've witnessed those batches of crazy!)

But, I'm starting to wonder if my friend has been a true friend at all. Yes, this tasty elixir has been a comfort and a crutch. But many studies suggest that there are negative impacts of too much caffeine. Honestly, I think the effects of me without caffeine (crankiness, tiredness, headaches...and did I mention CRANKINESS?!?!) are going to be much worse. So, if I do take the plunge and give up my wonderful lemon-lime friend, I think I will have to continue to have some caffeine until the grief of the loss of my friend has passed.

Well, I will have to do some serious soul searching about this. Weigh my options. Sleep on it. I'll keep you guys posted.

3 comments:

  1. Well...it was a bad day to try to start! Jami had those problems and I was worried about her so I couldn't do it. Maybe I'll have better luck next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Anna! As a person who has experienced the effects of "kicking the habit", I can tell you that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

    ReplyDelete